Thursday 19 February 2015

bareMinerals Original Foundation SPF 15 | Review


I've always been intrigued by bareMinerals and its promises of flawless, natural foundation and skin improving ingredients, it sounds like another false advertising campaign, right?
So after watching lots and lots of YouTube videos I decided to bit the bullet and give this foundation a try and I think it's fair to say I have not been left disappointed *get ready for an excitable rant*
Oh wow do I love this foundation. It leaves my skin looking so natural whilst still covering all my acne scars. I am not used to using powder foundations and do think this takes a little bit of practise but once you find a way to make it work for you it looks amazing. I like to use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and to really buff it in. Bareminerals NEEDS to be buffed, in a way it sort of activates it, the more you buff the more coverage you get. Its coverage can be anything from light-full as its very buildable, applying it in thin layers is the best way to build up the coverage. Once applying a powder, just to set it, I then take a flat concealer brush and tap on the foundation over any blemishes/scars that it hasn't already covered and this helps to achieve a real flawless look.
Another thing I really love about this foundation is that it lasts all day, in fact it looks better throughout the day! I don't know how it does it but unlike other foundations which can loose their coverage throughout the day bareminerals seems to look even more flawless as the day goes on. For example, the other day I applied the foundation around 10 AM and spent the day out in the cold walking around a gorgeous reservoir, I then went straight out for dinner (without any touch ups) and by the time I got home at 10 PM the make up looked pretty much the same as it did when I put it on, maybe a little shiny but no where near as bad as other foundations would have looked. It also doesn't sink in to my laughter lines like other foundations do, keeping my face looking natural and not patchy.
The main thing I love about this foundation is the way it makes my skin look and feel. I love the 'no make up/my skin but better look' and this foundation gives me that. It's so light weight that it feels like you aren't wearing any make up at all and at the end of the day once removing my make up with my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish my skin doesn't look read and sensitive as it does when using a foundation with lots of chemicals in it. I truly believe that (slowly but surely) this foundation is improving the condition of my skin and being someone that has suffered from acne breaking/scarring for a very long time now I really am grateful for that.

Have you tried it?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...